Well hello there Blueberry pie….
We bought a lot of blueberries, so I made some pie….
Blueberry pie has always been one of my favourites since I was a kid. I think because it wasn’t a frequent type of pie that we had… my mother made a lot of apple pies…
Anyway.. made some pie. I had to kind of fool around with this… last time I made a berry pie it was a wee bit runny… my rule of thumb is basically 1 tbsp cornstarch for each cup of berries.. seems to do the trick. It was delicious. Just saying.Ingredients:
- 1 cup white sugar (add a bit more if you prefer it sweeter)
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 recipe for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and lemon juice and zest, and sprinkle over blueberries.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 – 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
- Bake pie on middle shelf of oven for about 15 minutes, turn down to 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let pie rest for at LEAST an hour so the corn starch can do it’s stuff. Slice and serve!